David LaChapelle Is Suing Rihanna Over Controversial 'S&M' Video
4:38 PM PST 2/14/2011 by Mark Cina
Fashion photographer David LaChapelle is suing Rihanna, alleging images in her sexy “S&M” music video are “directly derived” from pictures he’s shot.In a lawsuit made public Monday, he claims Rihanna appropriated eight of his images into the video, including a shot where she is shown in profile against a blue background with a piece of candy on her tongue, according to Reuters. The singer's video copied the "composition, total concept, feel, tone, mood, theme, colors, props, settings, decors, wardrobe and lighting" of his work. He is suing for unspecified damages. A spokeswoman for Rihanna did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR