David Letterman Considers Banning Donald Trump From 'Late Show'
The CBS late night host calls the potential presidential candidate “racist” for his attacks on President Obama.
More drama for Donald Trump.
On CBS’ Late Show Thursday, David Letterman suggested he might not invite the potential presidential candidate back on his show unless he apologizes for his attacks on President Obama.
Trump has questioned Obama’s citizenship and has suggested that Obama unfairly got into Harvard Law School.
“It’s all fun, it’s all a circus, it’s all a rodeo, until it starts to smack of racism. And then it’s no longer fun,” Letterman told his guest Dr. Phil (a Trump pal).
“So you thought it was racism?” Dr. Phil asked him.
“Well, yes,” Letterman responded. “Do you consider him to be a racist?”
“I do not,” said Dr. Phil. “...I don’t think he always thinks everything through. I think sometimes he’s a little from the hip, and I don’t think he has a racist bone in this body.”
Letterman said Trump has been “unpleasant” to watch: “If he comes back on this show, and I am not sure we want him back on this show under these circumstances, he ought to be prepared to apologize just for that kind of behavior.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR