David Letterman Extortionist Lands New Gig on Crime Show
Joe Halderman has been hired to serve as a producer on Investigation Discovery newsmagazine "On the Case With Paula Zahn."
Former CBS News producer Joe Halderman, who attempted to blackmail late-night host David Letterman in 2009, has landed a new job.
Investigation Discovery's newsmagazine On the Case With Paula Zahn hired Halderman to serve as a freelance producer, The Hollywood Reporter confirms, though he is not expected to work in the field. TV Newser first broke the news.
“On behalf of On the Case’s production team, we have been impressed with Joe Halderman’s professional accomplishments as an Emmy Award-winning producer for 48 Hours and CBS News,” said Scott Weinberger, executive producer of On the Case. "With the network’s prior approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for On the Case. We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine.”
Halderman previously worked on CBS' 48 Hours Mystery before pleading guilty to attempted grand larceny by demanding $2 million from Letterman in hush money after threatening to make public details of the host's private life. In late 2009, Letterman admitted on his talk show that he had sexual relationships with female employees.
On the Case, an hourlong program dedicated to crime that airs Sunday evenings at 10 p.m. ET/PT, follows Zahn as she travels across the country conducting interviews with people affected by the cases featured on the show. The series launched its fifth season in October.
On the Case is produced by Scott Sternberg Productions and Weinberger Media for ID. Exeutive producers include Zahn, Weinberger and Scott Sternberg. ID's Diana Sperrazza serves as EP, with Sara Kozak as svp of production and Henry Schleiff as president and GM.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'