David Lynch to Get Lifetime Achievement Honor at Poland's Plus Camerimage
The four-time Oscar nominee shot his last feature, "Inland Empire" in Poland.
BERLIN - Acclaimed director and four-time Academy Award nominee David Lynch will receive a lifetime achievement award at the 20th Plus Camerimage festival in Poland. The festival, considered one of the world's leading events focusing on the art of cinematography, will honor Lynch with its Lifetime Achievement Award for Directing on the festival's opening night, Nov. 24.
The Plus Camerimage fest will also screen a retrospective of Lynch's work, which runs from his surrealist breakthrough Eraserhead (1977) through the Oscar-nominated The Elephant Man (1980), Blue Velvet (1986) and Mulholland Drive (2001) to his most recent feature film, Inland Empire (2006), which shot largely in Poland.
Lynch has been a regular at the Plus Camerimage festival, which has screened his work on several occasions. In 2003, the director received a special state honor at the festival from the Polish government for "contributions to Polish culture."
“David is a living legend who paved his way into the pantheon of cinema, a filmmaker who never compromised his own artistic credo,” said Plus Camerimage festival director Marek Zydowicz. "He is a dear friend of our festival and we are honored to bestow him with the lifetime achievement award.”
The 20th Plus Camerimage festival runs Nov. 24-Dec.1 in the northern Polish city of Bydgoszcz.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)