David O. Russell To Be Honored With Tribute at AFI Fest
The "American Hustle" director will appear at a special event on Friday, Nov. 8.
AFI Fest has added another event to its already star-packed week. American Hustle director David O. Russell will be honored with a special tribute on Friday, Nov. 8.
The tribute will feature a conversation with the director, along with clips from his films, including 2012's Silver Linings Playbook and 2010's The Fighter, which together garnered a total of 15 Academy Award nominations. Russell's earlier films include I Heart Huckabees, Three Kings and Flirting With Disaster.
American Hustle, which stars Amy Adams, Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, opens in theaters on Dec. 13.
The tribute to Russell will take place at 9 p.m. at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.
During the week-long AFI Fest, which runs Nov. 7 to 14 in Hollywood, there will be several other presentations, including conversations with 12 Years a Slave director Steve McQueen and The Face of Love actress Annette Bening.
This year's lineup includes the world premiere of Scott Cooper’s Out of the Furnace, and the North American premiere of John Lee Hancock’s Saving Mr. Banks, which is opening the fest. Joel and Ethan Coen’s Inside Llewyn Davis will close.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR