David O. Russell's Next Film to Hit Theaters in December
Sony will release the untitled Abscam drama -- which stars Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence -- in the heart of awards season.
David O. Russell -- along with his Silver Linings Playbook stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper -- already looks poised to take part in next year's awards season.
Sony announced Tuesday that it will release Russell's untitled Abscam film in a limited run Dec. 13 before expanding nationwide on Christmas Day. Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures and Charles Roven's Atlas Entertainment produced and financed the drama, which feature Cooper, Christian Bale and Amy Adams in the lead roles. Jeremy Renner and Louis C.K. also star.
The film recounts the famous FBI sting operation that implicated a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers in a scheme exchanging money for political favors in the late 1970s and early ’80s.
The project also reteams Russell with Bale and Adams. The trio worked together on The Fighter.
Last month, Lawrence won the Oscar for best actress for Silver Linings, which was also nominated for best picture and all four top acting awards.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10