David Oakes, Holliday Grainger join 'Borgias'
Jeremy Irons leads cast of Showtime drama premiering in '11
TORONTO -- British actors David Oakes and Holliday Grainger are to perform a brother-sister role in the Showtime drama "The Borgias." Oakes ("The Pillars of the Earth") is to play Juan Borgia, while Grainger ("Jane Eyre") will perform the role of Lucrezia Borgia.
The duo join an ensemble cast led by Jeremy Irons, Colm Feore, Derek Jacobi as Cardinal Orsini in the first two episodes, and Francois Arnaud.
The cable drama, a Canadian-U.K. co-production, portrays a powerful and corrupt 15th-century Italian family, and will be shot in Hungary this summer before it bows in 2011 on Showtime and CTV in Canada.
Canadians John Weber and Sheila Hockin are sharing the executive producer credits with James Flynn and Neil Jordan in Ireland and and Michael Hirst in the UK.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR