David Seidler, 'The King’s Speech'
Having stuttered as a child growing up in England, first-time nominee David Seidler had little trouble connecting to the emotional turmoil suffered by King George VI and his private struggle to overcome a debilitating stammer. Bringing the little-known true story of a very public figure to the big screen, however, was another matter.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR