Writer David Seltzer Takes on 'Kiss and Tango' at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
The project, once eyed as a Sandra Bullock vehicle, is an adaptation of the 2005 memoir by Marina Palmer.
Veteran screenwriter David Seltzer has been tapped to work on Kiss and Tango, Fox 2000’s adaptation of Marina Palmer’s memoir.
Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan are producing
Tango, published in 2005, is the story of how Palmer, a high-flying ad exec, quit her job at the age of 30 and moved to Buenos Aires, rediscovering herself with the help of sexy tango dancing.
Fox 2000 picked up the rights in 2006, at the time eyeing it as a possible Sandra Bullock vehicle. Several drafts have been written but Seltzer, according to insiders, found a new take by going back to the source material, thus kickstarting the project in a more dramatic direction and moving it away from traditional rom-com trappings.
Seltzer, whose work ranges from the 1976 horror classic The Omen to the 1988 Tom Hanks movie Punchline, is up for a WGA Award for penning Cinema Verite, HBO’s take on the making of one of TV's first reality shows, PBS’ An American Family.
He is repped by ICM and Hansen Jacobson.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least