Davy Jones Funeral Set for Wednesday, Body to Be Cremated
Family will say goodbye to the beloved Monkees frontman on March 7, a source tells THR.
The singer died of a massive heart attack in Florida on Feb. 29. He was 66. According to a statement, Jones was spending "a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses. There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong."
Five days after Jones' death, bandmate Micky Dolenz told Billboard.com that he and his fellow Monkees were not likely to attend the funeral.
"My understanding is they want to avoid a media circus and … the family wants to keep it very, very low-key and very, very private," Dolenz said. "And you can imagine as soon as one or two or any of us were to show up, it would very quickly be degraded into something that I don't think his immediate family would want to deal with."
Public memorials are also being planned for New York City and the U.K., added Dolenz, who said he hoped it would bring the surviving Monkees, which include Peter Tork and Michael Nesmith, together again.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game