Dawn Bridges, Formerly of Time Inc. and Warner Music, Joins Al Jazeera America
The veteran executive is named executive vp corporate communications at the newly launched news network.
Dawn Bridges, former senior vp communications at Time Inc., has joined Al Jazeera America as executive vp corporate communications.
The veteran executive informally announced her position via email, writing to select media that she "missed working inside a news company" and that "joining an award-winning independent journalism organization that's bringing an unbiased new voice to American viewers is a special opportunity."
For the last two years, Bridges has run her own firm out of New York City, handling such clients as Spotify, Columbia Records and the Harvard Business Review.
Prior to her Time Inc. stint, which ended in Jan. 2011 after six and a half years, Bridges held the executive vp titles at Warner Music and EMI. She got her start in the music business at Polygram (now Universal), where she worked from 1989 to 1998, eventually rising to senior vp corporate communications.
Bridges started at Al Jazeera America earlier this week and is based out of the network's New York office.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR