De Niro, 50 Cent look into 'New Orleans' trip
Robert De Niro and 50 Cent are in final negotiations to co-star in "New Orleans," a police thriller set to be directed by Tim Hunter.
The film (previously titled "Microwave Park") centers on a cop who thinks his partner has died in Hurricane Katrina, only to discover that he was shot to death. When he gets a new partner, the pair investigates the murder, taking them on a journey into a world of police corruption.
De Niro is attached to play the lead with 50 Cent in the role of his new partner.
The project was originally set in Los Angeles but changed to New Orleans after the Katrina disaster. Production is tentatively scheduled to begin filming in the city in February.
Millennium Films, Emmett/Furla Films and Len Evans are producing. Millennium is repping sales of the film at AFM.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)