Deauville 2011: Bill Murray Makes Surprise Appearance
Though the actor was not promoting a new project, he joined “Return” director Liza Johnson at the screening of her film.
Bill Murray isn’t afraid of ghosts -- or paparazzi.
The actor surprised the Deauville American Film Festival with an appearance over Labor Day weekend.
Murray is in town promoting ... in fact, nothing at this year’s festival. The actor was in town with director Liza Johnson, whose much buzzed-about title Return screened in competition at the festival on Saturday after a run at the Festival de Cannes in May.
Murray joined Johnson on the red carpet for the fest's opening ceremonies on Friday night.
Return stars Linda Cardellini, Michael Shannon and Tim Blake Nelson in a story about a soldier who returns home from duty and adjusts to her post-war environment in an unexpected way.
Return will be released stateside this winter and the film's sales agent Rezo is in negotiations with a distributor in France after the film received a warm reception at the festival on Saturday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR