Deauville 2011: Bill Murray Makes Surprise Appearance
Though the actor was not promoting a new project, he joined “Return” director Liza Johnson at the screening of her film.
Bill Murray isn’t afraid of ghosts -- or paparazzi.
The actor surprised the Deauville American Film Festival with an appearance over Labor Day weekend.
Murray is in town promoting ... in fact, nothing at this year’s festival. The actor was in town with director Liza Johnson, whose much buzzed-about title Return screened in competition at the festival on Saturday after a run at the Festival de Cannes in May.
Murray joined Johnson on the red carpet for the fest's opening ceremonies on Friday night.
Return stars Linda Cardellini, Michael Shannon and Tim Blake Nelson in a story about a soldier who returns home from duty and adjusts to her post-war environment in an unexpected way.
Return will be released stateside this winter and the film's sales agent Rezo is in negotiations with a distributor in France after the film received a warm reception at the festival on Saturday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!