Debbie Miller Joining Fox as Executive VP Marketing
The studio also announced that Kevin Yoder has been named executive vp research and strategy.
Debbie Miller is joining 20th Century Fox as executive vp marketing. Miller, who served a stint at Fox earlier in her career, will oversee publicity, promotion, research and digital marketing strategies. She will take up the post April 23, reporting to Fox chief creative officer Tony Sella and chief marketing officer Oren Aviv.
Additionally, Sella and Aviv announced Monday that Kevin Yoder, who most recently worked as managing director for MarketCast, is joining the studio as executive vp research and strategy.
Miller has been executive vp worldwide marketing at CBS Films since 2008 and before that was executive vp for theatrical marketing at Warner Bros., which she joined as senior vp publicity in 2001. There, she worked on campaigns for the Harry Potter movies, The Departed, Happy Feet and Million Dollar Baby. Before that, she was vp national publicity at Fox, where she worked on campaigns for such films as Independence Day, Fight Club and Cast Away.
"Debbie brings an impressive mix of strategic marketing expertise across a wide array of platforms and a distinctive, synergistic approach to everything she's undertaken. Tony and I know we will all benefit from Debbie’s incredible filmmaker relationships and deep experience,” Aviv said. Commented Sella, “It’s great when you can welcome one of your family members back into the fold. Debbie is not only a perfect fit, but she gives us the experience and skills to expand upon our successes while we continue to evolve and think progressively.”
Yoder willl join Fox on April 10 from MarketCast, a marketing research and strategy firm, where he served as managing director. He joined MarketCast from Nielsen NRG, where he worked from 1992-2008, serving as its COO.
“Kevin is one of the most respected and talented marketers and researchers in this industry,” said Sella and Aviv in a joint statement. “We are incredibly fortunate to have someone on our team with his breadth of knowledge and industry insights.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!