Deborah Ann Woll celebrates 'Mother's Day'
Actress cast in remake of 1980 cult classic
Deborah Ann Woll has flowers ready for "Mother's Day," the remake of Charles Kaufman's 1980 Troma cult classic being directed by Darren Lynn Bousman.
The original "Mother's Day" revolved around three female friends who, while camping, run afoul of two brothers who engage in murder and rape to impress their deranged mother.
The remake sees the villainous family, slightly expanded to include a daughter (Woll), return to the house where they grew up and terrorize the new owners and their guests.
Twisted Pictures, the Genre Co., Rat Entertainment and LightTower Entertainment are behind the remake.
The makers are eyeing a spring release timed for Mother's Day with a shoot to begin in the fall in Manitoba.
Woll, repped by Stone Manners and Marshak/Zachary Co., is best known for playing teen vampire Jessica Hamby on HBO's "True Blood." She next shoots the indie drama "Highland Park."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR