Deborah Norville, Cristiana Falcone Sorrell Join Viacom Board of Directors
The board is expanding from 11 to 13 members.
Deborah Norville, anchor of Inside Edition, and Cristiana Falcone Sorrell, senior adviser to the chairman of the World Economic Forum, have been elected members of the Viacom board of directors, effective immediately, as the board expands to 13 members.
Sumner Redstone, Viacom executive chairman, said, "We are pleased that Cristiana and Deborah have joined the Viacom board of directors, bringing valuable skills and complementary experience to our current board. Cristiana's experience across global economies and her track record of launching innovative development campaigns and Deborah's depth of knowledge based on her exceptional career in the media industry will provide important ongoing guidance and perspective.”
Falcone Sorrell also serves as principal consultant, Office of Outreach and Partnership, for the Inter-American Development Bank, which provides development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. Before joining the World Economic Forum in 2004, she held positions at the International Labour Organization and Shell.
Prior to Inside Edition, Norville served as a correspondent and anchor for CBS News programs, including Street Stories, 48 Hours and the CBS Evening News. Previously, she anchored NBC News at Sunrise and was news anchor and co-host of NBC's Today.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR