Debra Messing to star in ABC comedy pilot
Actress also will executive produce 'Wright vs. Wrong'
Debra Messing is making a return to half-hour comedy with a starring role in ABC's pilot "Wright vs. Wrong."
The Emmy-winning "Will & Grace" alumna also will serve as an executive producer and take up ownership on the single-camera project, from Sony TV and Tantamount.
Penned by actress-writer Stephnie Weir ("MadTV"), "Wrong" centers on Evelyn Wright (Messing), a driven conservative pundit who tries to maintain her public persona despite facing her own vulnerabilities.
Messing will executive producer alongside Tantamount's Mitch Hurwitz, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum. Weir also will exec produce, with Messing's manager Molly Madden also set to receive a producing credit. Andy Fickman is directing.
Last year, Messing was attached to a comedy project by writers Josann McGibbon and Sara Parriott that sparked a bidding war before landing at NBC.
After her eight-year run on NBC's "Grace," which earned her an Emmy, Messing, repped by Gersh, 3 Arts and attorney Rick Genow, toplined USA Network's miniseries "The Starter Wife" as well as the series it spawned.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10