Demi Lovato Announces Album Title: 'Unbroken'
The name duplicates “American Idol” runner-up Katharine McPhee’s 2010 release.
Demi Lovato’s third studio album finally has a name and for American Idol fans, it sounds awfully familiar.
Lovato announced on Thursday that her upcoming record, which is slated for a Sept. 20 release, will be titled Unbroken -- The same name used for the January 2010 LP from Katharine McPhee.
The former Disney darling shared the news via Twitter, also posting a photo from what appears to be an album cover shoot.
“Are you ready because I’m about to announce it,” Lovato teased before launching into a countdown from 5 to 1. She eventually ended with “#UNBROKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!”
Unbroken was the second studio release from McPhee, who appeared as an Idol contestant during the fifth season in 2006. She made it all the way to the season finale, but finished as Taylor Hicks’ runner up.
Lovato’s lead single off her upcoming record, “Skyscraper,” shot to No. 1 on iTunes in its first day of release and has been received to fan and critical acclaim.
McPhee will next be seen in the NBC's Smash when it premieres on Monday Feb. 6. at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR