Demi Lovato Debuts 'Skyscraper,' Jumps to No. 1 on iTunes (Update)
The single is her first since entering a treatment facility in 2010.
It didn't take long for fans to snatch up Demi Lovato's new single, "Skyscraper."
"Wow.. Top 10 on iTunes within a matter of hour?!? Definitely can't sleep now," the singer tweeted in the early hours of Tuesday morning. "Unbelievable.. Never underestimate my #Lovatics!"
The track was released on Monday, July 11 via Hollywood Records and is the lead single off her third studio album. She was expected to unveil the song during a Tuesday appearance on Ryan Seacrest's morning radio show.
"My first single is really special to me," Lovato told Seventeen Magazine. "To me it symbolizes my journey from the person I was to the happy healthy person I am today, and the fact that people are able to rise above anything, despite the odds."
"Skyscraper" is the first offering from Lovato since checking herself into a rehabilitation center in late 2010. She has since revealed struggles with anorexia, bulimia and bipolar disorder.
At the time of publication, "Skyscraper" had reached No. 3 on iTunes. The music video, directed by Mark Pellington, is expected to premiere on E! News and E! Online Wednesday, July 13 at 7 p.m. ET/PT and 11:30 p.m. ET/PT.
[Update: "Skyscraper" landed the No. 1 spot on iTunes by Tuesday afternoon. As "Congrats Demi" became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter, Lovato thanked her fans with, "WOW!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!! #1 on iTUNES!!!!!!!! MY #LOVATICS ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!"]
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!