Demi Lovato's Father Dies
Patrick Lovato had been battling cancer.
Patrick Lovato, biological father of Demi Lovato and a former musician and engineer himself, has passed away. The news was broken when his other daughter, Dallas Lovato, tweeted:
Rest in peace daddy I love you..
— Dallas Lovato (@dallaslovato) June 22, 2013
No further details of Mr. Lovato's death are known at this time, though Mr. Lovato had been battling cancer in recent years.
Mr. Lovato and Demi's mother, Dianna, divorced in 1994. The singer had been estranged from her father since 2007. Since then, he had been vocal in the press about his daughter's life, and on the pressures being a child star and performer, much to the ire of Dianna and Disney's lawyers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR