Demi Lovato's 'Skyscraper' Music Video Premieres (Video)
The singer pairs her emotional lyrics with simple visuals.
Barefoot and wearing a plain white dress, Demi Lovato belts out her latest single, “Skyscraper,” from an empty desert in her new music video.
The track premiered on Monday night, sparking a frenzy of Twitter reactions and shooting straight to the top of iTunes. It is Lovato’s first release since entering a treatment facility in late 2010.
“Go on and try to tear me down,” she sings. “I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper.”
In an interview on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show, Lovato detailed her emotional journey while recording the track.
“I was doubled over, just in pain. I remember thinking, ‘This is kind of my cry for help’ back then, because I hadn’t spoken to anyone about these issues,” she said. “And I hadn’t gotten the help that I needed.”
Lovato also noted that while making the video, she hoped to convey the message in an honest way, shunning the glitz and glamour typically found in pop videos.
Her simplistic music video premiered Wednesday on E! News and E! Online Wednesday. Watch it below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR