Demi Moore Filing for Divorce From Ashton Kutcher
The actress said in a statement, "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton."
Demi Moore is ending her six-year marriage to Ashton Kutcher.
Rumors of the split had been circulating for months, and the actress confirmed it Thursday in a statement to the Associated Press, "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton.
"As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life.
She asked for "compassion" from the media and the public when dealing with the news, "This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation."
Kutcher tweeted Thursday, "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK."
Moore, 49, and Kutcher, 33, were married in 2005, two years after they began dating.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR