Demi Moore to Play Feminist Activist Gloria Steinem in Linda Lovelace Movie
Demi Moore has joined the cast of Lovelace, the biopic of porn star Linda Lovelace, and will play feminist Gloria Steinem.
Adam Brody and Eric Roberts also have joined the movie, which is currently shooting in Los Angeles and is being made with the the cooperation of the Lovelace estate.
Lovelace sees Amanda Seyfried as the woman who starred in one of the most famous pornographic movies of all time, Deep Throat. The ensemble cast includes Peter Sarsgaard as her husband, Chuck Traynor, and Hank Azaria as Jerry Damiano, the director of Deep Throat. Also in the cast are Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Romeo Brown and Robert Patrick. James Franco is set for a cameo as Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.
Brody has been tapped to play Lovelace’s Deep Throat co-star Harry Reems while Roberts will play lie detector expert Nat Laurendi.
Steinem became a face of the women’s movement in the late 1960s and early 1970s as a social activist, journalist and co-founder of Ms. magazine. She was a major critic of all forms of pornography and wrote a profile of Lovelace for Ms. detailing how the actress was coerced and beaten into making porn.
Heidi Jo Markel of Eclectic Pictures, Laura Rister and Jason Weinberg of Untitled Entertainment, and Jim Young of Animus Films are producing.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills