Demi Moore Drops Out of 'Lovelace'
UPDATED: The 49-year-old actress, who's being treated for exhaustion, is no longer attached to the project.
Demi Moore has dropped out of the film Lovelace, where she was to make a cameo as Gloria Steinem.
A representative for Moore told The Hollywood Reporter that the actress has left her Steinem role in the buzzy biopic, which boasts a star-studded cast including James Franco, Amanda Seyfried and Peter Sarsgaard.
Moore, 49, was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital Monday night following a 911 call. In a statement issued to THR on Tuesday night, her rep explained: "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
TMZ, which first reported the news, had cited substance abuse as the reason for Moore's hospitalization. She filed for divorce from Ashton Kutcher in November after six years of marriage.
Moore, who will next be seen in the comedy LOL alongside Miley Cyrus, currently stars in the acclaimed Wall Street drama Margin Call, which is attracting a big audience for video-on-demand.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR