Demi Moore and Russell Brand's Hollywood Yoga War
Brand staged a walkout of the Golden Bridge studio over his teacher's treatment; now he's backing a new spot called Nine Treasures Yoga.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
When Russell Brand staged a walkout at Golden Bridge yoga studio Jan. 22 -- claiming its owner, famed yogini Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, wouldn't let Brand's teacher Tej out of her contract -- he took classmate Demi Moore, a 30-year friend of Gurmukh, with him, plus half the class. Now it's looking as if Brand might set up Tej in her own studio.
The instructor sent out a blast Jan. 27 saying she's teaching at a spot called Nine Treasures Yoga in a space at Sunset Bronson Studios.
Admits a longtime friend of Golden Bridge: "The fact is, Gurmukh runs hot and cold with people. She used to be tight with Courtney Love, Cindy Crawford and Flea, but no more."
None of the parties involved returned calls for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR