Demi Moore Unveils New Twitter Handle
The actress retired @MrsKutcher six months after her divorce from the "Two and a Half Men" star.
After a breakup, it’s common for a person to make changes such as getting a new haircut or a new wardrobe. For Demi Moore, getting a new Twitter handle is apparently also part of the process.
Moore, whose marriage to Ashton Kutcher formally ended late last year, has chosen to be known as @JustDemi to her nearly five million Twitter followers.
She had previously gone by @MrsKutcher, even after the divorce from the Two and a Half Men star. In December, Moore defensively tweeted that changing her Twitter handle wasn’t “a top priority now.”
Moore noted choosing a new name had been difficult because of the crowded Twitter landscape.
“So hard finding a name that was fun somewhat playful and available,” the actress tweeted Thursday evening. “So for now it will be @justdemi It could grow on me!”
She received congratulatory tweets from friends and Twitter observers alike.
Amanda de Cadenet, host of Lifetime’s The Conversation, called the name “an excellent choice.” Moore responded by praising de Cadenet’s appearance on Good Morning America earlier in the day.
Moore’s Twitter change comes two weeks after she made her first public appearance after completing a stint in rehab. She announced she would retire the @MrsKutcher handle and began taking suggestions for its replacement.
At the time, CNN host Piers Morgan had one for Moore: @mrsmorgan.
"I think that one is taken,” she tweeted back.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party