Denise Richards' New Memoir: 5 Things Learned From 'The Real Girl Next Door'
The actress and reality star reveals why ex-husband Charlie Sheen had a fire pole installed in his closet and the reasons behind her four boob jobs.
Denise Richards' new memoir, The Real Girl Next Door (Gallery Books/Simon & Schuster), officially hits bookstores Tuesday, July 26.
Although the publisher promises "an up-close and personal look at her most intimate battle scars," Richards punts on saying anything remotely revealing on what really happened with Charlie Sheen.
For example, on why their marriage fell apart, she writes: "Shortly after [becoming pregnant with second daughter Lola], our marriage changed drastically. It came out of the blue, and it was more than a rough patch. These issues are so personal I don't want to divulge exactly what changes" occurred. Oh well.
But here are five things The Hollywood Reporter did learn:
1. Her first date with Sheen was pretty normal, with one very L.A. twist: They had dinner in front of the TV while they watched the World Series. Instead of ordering pizza, Richards brought her own portion-controlled chef-prepared meal from home; Sheen pulled his own chef-prepared diet meal out of the fridge.
2. Sheen was so paranoid that his bachelor condo had a bulletproof bedroom door and a fire pole hidden in the closet in case he needed to make a quick escape.
3. She says her only plastic surgery has been four boob jobs: The first because she thought her A cup was to small for Hollywood; the second was supposed to be a reduce the size of her implants, but against her orders the doctor increased the size of her implants; the third to finally get that reduction; and the fourth to replace ruptured implants.
4. She writes about how much she liked Dancing With the Stars partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy off screen and then turns around and slams him for being a bad coach.
5. Her advice for surviving Hollywood? "Stay real."