Berlin 2012: Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Circling 'Two Guns' (Exclusive)
The Denzel Washington-Mark Wahlberg project is one of the hottest titles at EFM; Universal already has U.S. distribution rights.
BERLIN -- In one of the largest deals likely to come out of the European Film Market, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquistions is negotiating to pick up rights to most of the world for Denzel Washington-Mark Wahlberg starrer Two Guns.
Universal has U.S. distribution rights to the project, which is being shopped at EFM by Mark Damon's Foresight Films.
Contraband's Baltasar Kormakur is directing the film, which reteams him with Wahlberg.
The market only got under way Thursday, and by midday, the comic-book adaptation was drawing heated interest among foreign disributors, but by the day's end, Sony Worldwide had emerged the front-runner. The company is expected to get distribution rights to most international territories.
Based on the Boom! Studios graphic novel by writer Steven Grant and artist Mat Santolouco, the story follows a naval intelligatence naval and DEA agent who are unwittingly pitted against each other.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR