Derek Jeter Launches Publishing Imprint with Simon & Schuster
The MLB All-Star strikes a deal to launch Jeter Publishing for titles targeting sports enthusiasts.
After nineteen seasons with the New York Yankees, Derek Jeter is set to play ball in a new league: co-publishing sports-related books.
Simon & Schuster announced the partnership launch of its new imprint, Jeter Publishing, highlighting the shortstop's wide-ranging appeal as a role model and iconic baseball champion.
Jeter Publishing aims to reach a broad audience of sports enthusiasts, identifying and producing adult non-fiction titles, children's picture books, middle-grade fiction, and ready-to-read children's books in conjunction with other imprints at the publisher, including Gallery Books, Little Simon, Paula Wiseman Books and Simon Spotlight.
Among the first titles due to appear under Jeter Publications will be Derek Jeter’s Guide to Baseball.The baseball player has also expressed interest in publishing outside the sports brand, pursuing works that feature unique personalities, pop-culture, and art content.
"This publishing partnership with Simon & Schuster is an exciting way for me to discover and develop new books," Jeter said in a statement, "sharing insights of my own, or from people I believe have interesting stories, philosophies or practices to share."
"Derek is a stellar role model for kids, and his many stories of the game will inspire young readers," said Jon Anderson, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing president. "We couldn't be more excited to bring books that embody his unparalleled stand of hard work, sportsmanship and teamwork to an emerging audience."
Jeter isn't the first celebrity to venture into book publishing. Last year, Johnny Depp launched his own imprint, Infinitum Nihil, in a similar deal with HarperCollins.
"Derek Jeter brings his talent, strong work ethic and charm to anything he attaches his name to," said Gallery Books president Louise Burge. "Jeter Publishing will allow this elite athlete to share his passion with readers of all ages and interests."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott