How the Dern Family Survived Career Setbacks, Embarrassing Set Moments
The Dern clan made history when Diane and Laura were nominated for Oscars in '91, and they're doing it again -- along with Bruce -- with a trio of stars on the Walk of Fame, Nov. 1.
It would be surprising if Laura Dern had not become an actress. At 7, she was already shuttling between her parents' movie sets -- which one summer in the mid-'70s meant exposure to dad Bruce Dern in Alfred Hitchcock's Family Plot and mom Diane Ladd in Martin Scorsese's Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR