'Desperate Housewives' Creator Marc Cherry to Be Honored at Broadway & Beyond Benefit
"Mike & Molly's" Billy Gardell, Wayne Brady and "American Idol" finalist Allison Iraheta are among those set to appear at Alex Theatre variety show.
Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, choreographer Mary Murphy (So You Think You Can Dance) and plastic surgeon Leif Rogers will be honored at the second annual Broadway & Beyond event. The variety show and fund-raiser benefits the weSPARK Cancer Support Center and is set for Sept. 26 at the Alex Theatre in Glendale.
The Sherman Oaks-based weSPARK Cancer Support Center, founded in 2001, is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for cancer patients, their families and friends.
“This fund-raising effort helps weSPARK keep our services completely free of charge for cancer patients and their families,” said weSPARK’s executive director Nancy Allen.
Produced and directed by Barbara Epstein, Broadway & Beyond will feature performances by Billy Gardell (CBS’ Mike & Molly), Tony Award winner John Lloyd Young (Jersey Boys) and Wayne Brady (Let’s Make a Deal). American Idol finalist Allison Iraheta and percussion group Rhythm Extreme also are set to perform. Showtime is 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available at 818.243.ALEX or at www.alextheatre.org.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10