The Year of the Hollywood Trial
Why settle for less? A down economy plus big-ticket verdicts means Nicollette Sheridan's battle against ABC is only the start as everyone from Mark Burnett to Warner Bros. and Britney Spears' mom (?!) heads to court.
Did ABC really kill off Desperate Housewives star Nicollette Sheridan in retaliation for her gripes about being hit in the head by producer Marc Cherry? That's the key question for the jury in the actress' $6 million wrongful-termination and battery case, which awaits a verdict since closing arguments ended Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles. Regardless of the outcome, however, the Sheridan matter could represent merely a ripple before a coming tidal wave of high-stakes Hollywood trials.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR