Imax to Supersize 'Despicable Me 2' for International Release
The CG feature follow-up to the 2010 movie will be digitally re-mastered into the 3D format.
TORONTO – Imax will super-size Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me 2 for screening in select international theaters from June 20.
The CG feature follow-up to the 2010 movie Despicable Me will be digitally re-mastered into the Imax 3D format.
The second installment by director Chris Renaud, which sees Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Russell Brand and Miranda Cosgrove return for the sequel, is set for a wide release on July 3.
"After the successful release of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, we're looking forward to partnering again with Chris Meledandri, his talented team and our friends at Universal to offer international Imax fans an opportunity to experience this highly-anticipated follow up to Despicable Me in immersive Imax 3D," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement Thursday.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services