Imax to Supersize 'Despicable Me 2' for International Release
The CG feature follow-up to the 2010 movie will be digitally re-mastered into the 3D format.
TORONTO – Imax will super-size Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me 2 for screening in select international theaters from June 20.
The CG feature follow-up to the 2010 movie Despicable Me will be digitally re-mastered into the Imax 3D format.
The second installment by director Chris Renaud, which sees Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Russell Brand and Miranda Cosgrove return for the sequel, is set for a wide release on July 3.
"After the successful release of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, we're looking forward to partnering again with Chris Meledandri, his talented team and our friends at Universal to offer international Imax fans an opportunity to experience this highly-anticipated follow up to Despicable Me in immersive Imax 3D," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement Thursday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR