'Dexter': Netflix to Stream Full Series Run
All eight seasons of the Showtime drama will be available on the streaming service.
Netflix and CBS Corp. have inked a content licensing agreement for Dexter.
All eight seasons of the recently wrapped Showtime drama will be available on Netflix in the U.S.
The first four seasons of Dexter will be available on Halloween, while seasons five through eight will be ready on the streaming service Jan. 1, 2014.
"We're thrilled to have Dexter, one of Showtime's highest-rated shows on Netflix, and so quickly after it completed its record-breaking run," said Ted Sarandos, chief content officer for Netflix. "This is one of the great serialized dramas of the past decade, and we know our members will enjoy discovering or reliving the twisted world of Dexter Morgan anywhere and anytime they want."
"We're excited to expand our relationship with Netflix's premium service with this groundbreaking Showtime series," said Scott Koondel, chief corporate content licensing officer, CBS Corporation. "Showtime has created one of the signature programming brands on television, and this agreement for Dexter further demonstrates the value of this content in the marketplace while expanding the show's passionate fan base to a whole new online audience."
Dexter wrapped its run on Showtime in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR