'Dexter' Stars Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter File for Divorce
The actors, who met while filming Showtime's drama series, have been married for two years.
After nearly two years of marriage, Dexter stars Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are getting a divorce.
Representatives for Hall and Carpenter told Entertainment Weekly that the couple's split was amicable.
"Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce," the reps said in a joint statement.
The couple met while filming the Showtime drama, which on Sunday concluded its fifth season with an estimated 2.5 million viewers and ratings on par with Season 4.
Dexter, on which Hall and Carpenter play brother and sister, has been renewed for a sixth season set to air next year.
The couple married Dec. 31, 2008, and separated earlier this season. Hall, who picked up a Golden Globe and SAG Award for his performance as Dexter's likable serial killer, completed treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10