DGA awards Norman Jewison with top honor
Film credits include 'Moonstruck,' 'Fiddler on the Roof'
The DGA will give Norman Jewison its top honor, the Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Achievement in Motion Picture Direction, on Jan. 30 at the 62nd annual DGA Awards at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel.
As a feature director and producer, his credits include "The Cincinnati Kid," "In the Heat of the Night," "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Moonstruck."
"He is an incredible filmmaker whose calm, affable manner belies a ferocious creative fire within," said DGA president Taylor Hackford. "There are very few filmmakers whose body of work moves so fluidly between romantic comedy and political thriller, musical and satire, with an ease and an eloquence that few could hope to match."
Past recipients of the DGA's lifetime achievement award include Clint Eastwood (2006), Steven Spielberg (2000), Stanley Kubrick (1997), Elia Kazan (1987) and John Ford (1954).
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David