DGA awards Norman Jewison with top honor
Film credits include 'Moonstruck,' 'Fiddler on the Roof'
The DGA will give Norman Jewison its top honor, the Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Achievement in Motion Picture Direction, on Jan. 30 at the 62nd annual DGA Awards at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel.
As a feature director and producer, his credits include "The Cincinnati Kid," "In the Heat of the Night," "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Moonstruck."
"He is an incredible filmmaker whose calm, affable manner belies a ferocious creative fire within," said DGA president Taylor Hackford. "There are very few filmmakers whose body of work moves so fluidly between romantic comedy and political thriller, musical and satire, with an ease and an eloquence that few could hope to match."
Past recipients of the DGA's lifetime achievement award include Clint Eastwood (2006), Steven Spielberg (2000), Stanley Kubrick (1997), Elia Kazan (1987) and John Ford (1954).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR