July 10, 2015
ATAS, Primetime Emmys Awards: Nominations are announced live (8:30 PM PDT)
July 16, 2015
Teen Choice Awards
August 9, 2015
ATAS, Primetime Emmys Awards: Final round voting begins
August 17, 2015
ATAS, Primetime Emmys Awards: Final round voting ends
August 28, 2015
MTV: Video Music Awards
August 30, 2015
Venice International Film Festival Begins
September 2, 2015
ATAS, Primetime Emmys Awards: Creative Arts Awards and Ball
September 12, 2015
ATAS, 67th Primetime Emmy Awards (5:00 PM PDT)
September 20, 2015
New York Film Festival Begins
September 25, 2015
DGA Unveils Film Award Nominations
The winners will be announced at a Jan. 25 ceremony.
The Directors Guild of America on Tuesday announced the nominees for its feature film awards.
Three of the DGA's choices -- Gravity's Alfonso Cuaron, Captain Phillips' Paul Greengrass and 12 Years a Slave's Steve McQueen -- are first-time DGA nominees. David O. Russell, who was previously nominated for 2010's The Fighter, was nominated for American Hustle. And Martin Scorsese, a DGA feature award winner for 2006's The Departed, received his 11th DGA nom for his current film, The Wolf of Wall Street.
The nominees in the TV and commercials categories will be announced Thursday, while the documentary nominees are set to be unveiled Monday.
The winners will be announced at the 66th annual DGA Awards ceremony, taking place Jan. 25 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles. Jane Lynch is set to host.
As previously announced, Shondaland's Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers will receive the guild's diversity award during the ceremony. Lee Blaine will be presented with the Frank Capra Achievement Award, given to an assistant director or unit production manager in recognition of career achievement in the industry and service to the DGA. Vince DeDario will receive the Franklin J. Schaffner Achievement Award, honoring an associate director or stage manager in recognition of service to the industry and to the guild.
A complete list of film nominees follows (in alphabetical order):
(Warner Bros. Pictures)
Cuarón’s Directorial Team:
· Unit Production Manager: David Siegel (Arizona Unit)
· First Assistant Directors: Josh Robertson, Stephen Hagen (Arizona Unit)
· Second Assistant Director: Ben Howard
This is Cuarón's first DGA Award nomination.
Greengrass’ Directorial Team:
· Unit Production Managers: Todd Lewis, Gregory Goodman
· First Assistant Director: Chris Carreras
· Second Assistant Directors: Nick Shuttleworth, Mark S. Constance
This is Greengrass's first DGA Award nomination.
12 Years a Slave
(Fox Searchlight Pictures)
McQueen’s Directorial Team:
· Unit Production Manager: Anthony Katagas
· First Assistant Director: Doug Torres
· Second Assistant Director: James Roque Jr.
· Second Second Assistant Director: Sherman Shelton Jr.
· Additional Second Assistant Director: Nathan Parker
This is McQueen's first DGA Award nomination.
DAVID O. RUSSELL
Russell’s Directorial Team:
· Unit Production Managers: Shea Kammer, Mark Kamine
· First Assistant Director: Michele ‘Shelley’ Ziegler
· Second Assistant Director: Xanthus Valan
· Second Second Assistant Director: Jason Fesel
· Location Managers: David Velasco, Guy Efrat (New York Unit)
This is Russell's second DGA Award nomination. He was previously nominated in this category for The Fighter in 2010.
The Wolf of Wall Street
Scorsese’s Directorial Team:
· Unit Production Manager: Richard Baratta
· First Assistant Director: Adam Somner
· Second Assistant Director: Francisco Oritz
· Second Second Assistant Director: Jeremy Marks
· Additional Second Assistant Director: Scott Koche
· Location Manager: Nils Widboom
This is Scorsese’s 11th DGA Award nomination. He won the DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film in 2006 for The Departed, and has also been nominated in that category for Taxi Driver (1976), Raging Bull (1980), Goodfellas (1990), The Age of Innocence (1993), Gangs of New York (2002), The Aviator (2004) and Hugo (2011). Scorsese also won the DGA Award in 2010 for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Television for Boardwalk Empire and he was nominated for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Documentary for George Harrison: Living in the Material World in 2011. In 1999, Scorsese was presented with the Filmmaker Award at the inaugural DGA Honors Gala, and he was honored with the DGA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003.