Diablo Cody to Make Directorial Debut With 'Lamb of God'
The "Juno" writer also penned the Mandate Pictures comedy, which Mason Novick will produce.
Diablo Cody, the writer behind Juno and United States of Tara, will make her directorial debut with Lamb of God, a Mandate Pictures comedy she also wrote.
Mason Novick will produce.
The comedy, according to Mandate, follows a young conservative religious woman who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith.
The company is fast-tracking the project and wants to begin casting as soon as possible.
Lamb marks the third collaboration with Cody, Novick and Mandate. Juno won Cody an Oscar for best original screenplay and garnered three nominations while grossing $227 million at the box office.
The second collaboration is Young Adult, Jason Reitman’s latest directorial effort, which is expected to make its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Cody is repped by WME and attorney Jeff Frankel.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'