Diablo Cody to Make Directorial Debut With 'Lamb of God'
The "Juno" writer also penned the Mandate Pictures comedy, which Mason Novick will produce.
Diablo Cody, the writer behind Juno and United States of Tara, will make her directorial debut with Lamb of God, a Mandate Pictures comedy she also wrote.
Mason Novick will produce.
The comedy, according to Mandate, follows a young conservative religious woman who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith.
The company is fast-tracking the project and wants to begin casting as soon as possible.
Lamb marks the third collaboration with Cody, Novick and Mandate. Juno won Cody an Oscar for best original screenplay and garnered three nominations while grossing $227 million at the box office.
The second collaboration is Young Adult, Jason Reitman’s latest directorial effort, which is expected to make its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Cody is repped by WME and attorney Jeff Frankel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)