Diana Iljine Named New Munich Film Festival Director
The change at the top of Germany’s second-largest film fest could make Munich more industry-friendly
COLOGNE, Germany -- Diana Iljine will replace Andreas Strohl as the director of the Munich Film Festival, Germany’s second-largest film fest.
Iljine will take over from Strohl after this year’s event, which runs June 24- July 2.
The change at the top could make Munich more industry-friendly. Strohl came from an academic background -- at the Goethe Institute, where he now returns to work. But Iljine cut her teeth as a buyer for German broadcaster RTL 2 and rights group Telepool.
The shift could make Munich more relevant for the industry, which largely ignores the summer fest, except as an opportunity to catch up on film missed in earlier events during the year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR