Why Anna Wintour Isn't In the New Diana Vreeland Documentary
The film spotlighting the fashion mag's former editor is missing its current boss, its director tells THR: "Vogue hasn't touched the movie."
This story first appeared in the Oct. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Anjelica Huston, Lauren Hutton and many famous faces turn up in the new fashion doc Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel, about the late Harper's Bazaar and Vogue editrix.
But there are two MIAs: Vogue editor Anna Wintour and contributor Andre Leon Talley, who worked for Vreeland at the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute early in his career.
"Vogue hasn't touched the movie," says director Lisa Immordino Vreeland.
As for Talley, the director says, "He requested a well-known fashion scholar interview him, so I didn't beg him."
When Talley requested a screener after the movie played Tribeca, "We let him know he could buy a ticket like everybody else."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR