Diane Keaton to Receive THR's 2012 Sherry Lansing Leadership Award
The award will be presented at THR's annual Women in Entertainment Breakfast, held Dec. 5 at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
The Hollywood Reporter said Monday that Diane Keaton will receive this year's Sherry Lansing Leadership Award. The award recognizes a woman in the entertainment industry who is a pioneer, mentor and philanthropist. Keaton will accept the award at THR's 21st annual Women in Entertainment Breakfast on Dec. 5 at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
The breakfast coincides with the publication of THR’s annual list of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Entertainment.
"For four decades, Diane Keaton has shown women how far we can go and how deeply we can effect change," says THR editorial director Janice Min. "She is a brilliant actress and a role model for women across generations."
Keaton had her first memorable role in film as Kay Adams-Corleone in Francis Ford Coppola’s 1972 classic The Godfather. Five years later, Keaton’s stronghold on Hollywood was cemented with her Oscar-winning performance in 1977’s Woody Allen film Annie Hall.
Keaton’s films have earned a cumulative gross of over $1 billion in North America.
Her next acting project, The Big Wedding, reaches theaters in 2013. Keaton is well known within the Hollywood community for her dedicated work with the Los Angeles Conservancy to save and restore historic landmark buildings. She also is the author of Then Again, a 2011 autobiography published by Random House.
Keaton joins an illustrious group of women honored with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award. Last year's recipient was Jane Fonda, and previous recipients include Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Halle Berry, Jodie Foster, Glenn Close and Barbara Walters.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!