Diane Kruger, Nicki Minaj and Michael Kors Attend Runway to Green
Stars and designers celebrate the eco fashion show, which benefits several environmental organizations.
Diane Kruger, Zoe Kravitz, Anna Wintour and Michael Kors were just a few of the famous fashionistos in attendance at Tuesday's kickoff event for Runway to Green, the fashion industry’s new initiative to raise awareness for the environment (Earth Day is April 22).
The runway event, which was sponsored by Vogue, took place at Christies’s Auction House in NYC’s Rockefeller Center. Eco-friendly organizations including the Alliance for Climate Protection, the National Resource Defense Council and Oceana will benefit from the sale of the collection.
Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Jason Wu and Marc Jacobs were among the 29 designers whose fall 2011 looks walked the runway. Hot items included Thakoon’s one-shoulder batik-print silk gown and Prada’s smart-looking lipstick-red belted wool coat, but the real buzz was about "Moment 4 Life" singer Nicki Minaj’s performance in a green and white bouffant (it was a wig!) and a daring, curve-hugging jumpsuit by Alexander Wang.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR