Diane Warren to Be Honored at Musexpo 2014
The award-winning songwriter is set to be named International Music Person of the Year at the annual industry confab.
Award-winning songwriter Diane Warren will be honored as the International Music Person of the Year Award at the 2014 Musexpo. The industry confab takes place at Los Angeles' Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel from April 6 to 9.
Warren, the founder of Realsongs/Diane Warren Music Publishing, has had her songs featured in over 100 films and boasts six Academy Award nominations, five Golden Globes nominations, including one win for “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me” from Burlesque, as well as nine Grammy nominations, with one win for “Because You Loved Me” from Celine Dion’s Up Close and Personal.
Warren's other credits include writing for Dion, LeAnn Rimes (“How Do I Live”), Aerosmith (“I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”), Faith Hill (“There You’ll Be”), Toni Braxton (“Unbreak My Heart”), Cher (“You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me”), Beyoncé (“I Was Here”), Whitney Houston (“I Learned From the Best”) and Christina Aguilera (“I Turn to You”), among others.
The upcoming Musexpo marks the conference's tenth anniversary. In 2013, Glassnote Entertainment Group founder Daniel Glass was honored.
Musexpo also plans to introduce the Global Rock Summit, which will focus exclusively on the rock genre of music and discuss “key topics with some of the most respected minds and figures within the rock sector.”
Over the past nine years, many media and technology executives have participated in Musexpo, including Larry King, Jimmy Kimmel, Harvey Goldsmith, Tim Westegren, Will.i.Am, Jeff Smith, George Ergatoudis, Nick Gatfield, Craig Kallman and Steve Schnur, among others.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!
- Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson Take Flight to Start 'Captain America' Press Tour!