DIDtv To Rebrand as Peace Point Entertainment USA
Canadian indie producer Peace Point Entertainment has acquired 100% control of DIDtv and will relaunch the U.S. content producer as Peace Point Entertainment USA.
TORONTO – Canadian indie producer Peace Point Entertainment, moving to expand its business with American broadcasters, has bought out the remaining stake in DIDtv that it did not already own.
Toronto-based Peace Point purchased the half-stake in DIDtv from rival indie producer Tricon Films and Television, and plans to relaunch the stateside content producer as Peace Point Entertainment USA.
Peace Point and Tricon, both Toronto-based, launched DIDtv two years ago to penetrate the U.S. TV market.
Tricon has since launched a Los Angeles office to broaden its development slate, and produced the lifestyle series Secrets from a Stylist for HGTV US, and the food series Bitchin’ Kitchen for the Cooking Channel in the US and Food Network Canada.
Peace Point, as part of its solo U.S. expansion going forward, has hired Danny Passman’s Crybaby Media to help develop U.S. reality series.
Passman’s recent credits include Hook, Line & Dinner on the Cooking Channel.
Peace Point CEO Les Tomlin said his U.S. division will either make reality series for American broadcasters, or bring on board Canadian broadcasters as co-producers to trigger local tax credits and other lucrative government subsidies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR