'Die' casts Olyphant, Winstead
Timothy Olyphant and Mary Elizabeth Winstead have snagged key roles in "Live Free or Die Hard," 20th Century Fox's fourth installment of the "Die Hard" series. Len Wiseman is directing.
Bruce Willis is reprising his role as John McClane in the story of an attack on the U.S. computer infrastructure that begins to shut down the country. The mysterious figure behind the scheme has figured out every digital angle but never counts on the old-fashioned, "analog" McClane.
Olyphant will play Willis' nemesis, while Winstead will play Willis' daughter.
Justin Long and Maggie Q already have been cast in the production, which is shooting in Los Angeles.
Olyphant starred on HBO's critically acclaimed Western "Deadwood." He is shooting Kimberly Peirce's untitled drama about soldiers returning from the Iraq War and next appears on the big screen opposite Jennifer Garner in "Catch and Release." He is repped by CAA and Brillstein/Grey.
Winstead next appears in the ensemble film "Bobby," set for release next month, as well as the remake of the horror movie "Black Christmas," which opens Dec. 25. She recently wrapped production on the Quentin Tarantino segment of "Grindhouse." Her credits include "Final Destination 3" and "Sky High." She is repped by Paradigm.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting