Diego Boneta to Receive CinemaCon Rising Star of the Year Award
The annual convention of theater owners runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Diego Boneta will receive CinemaCon's Rising Star of 2012 Award at the upcoming convention of theater owners in Las Vegas.
Boneta makes his feature film debut in this summer's Rock of Ages, the big screen adaptation of the hit Broadway musical that opens in theaters June 15. Adam Shankman directed the star-studded movie for New Line Cinema and Warner Bros.
"How exciting to think that Diego Boneta's first film role will see him share the screen with the likes of Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Alec Baldwin," CinemaCon general managing director Mitch Neuhauser said in announcing the award, which will be presented at the final night gala dinner.
A native of Mexico City, Boneta is a well-known singer and actor in Latin America. He's appeared on television in ABC's Pretty Little Liars and the CW's 90210, and will be seen in MTV's upcoming new show Underemployed.
CinemaCon runs April 23-26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR