Dimension Films Buys Spec Script 'Ink and Bone'
The screenplay by Zak Olkewicz concerns a horror novelist imprisoned in his home.
Dimension Films has preemptively purchased Zak Olkewicz’s spec script Ink and Bone. The horror thriller concerns a female editor who is assigned to help a reclusive horror writer finish his latest book only to discover the writer is being held prisoner in his home by everything he’s ever written.
“I immediately read and loved the concept of Zak's script,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Co. “It reminds me of Stephen King's work, and I feel that Ink and Bone could be a successful upscale thriller for Dimension.”
Overseeing production for Dimension are senior vp production and creative affairs Matthew Signer and vp production and development Keith Levine.
Olkewicz, repped by WME and Prolific Entertainment, is developing his first spec Marked at Chernin Entertainment.
The deal was negotiated for Dimension by Signer and Adrian Lopez, vp business and legal, and WME on behalf of Olkewicz.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!