Amid Sex Scandal, '2016' Director Dinesh D'Souza Steps Down From College Presidency
The conservative author behind "2016: Obama's America" became engaged to one woman while still married to another.
Dinesh D'Souza has left his post as President of The King's College.
The Evangelical Christian school's chairman, Andy Mills, broke the news to students, faculty and staff on Thursday, saying, "God has a mighty future for Dinesh, but there are some things he has to go through first. I have to admit, I got a bit over-enamored with him," according to The Daily Beast.
D'Souza, whose anti-President Obama documentary, 2016: Obama's America has been a breakout hit, earning over $33.5 million, was the subject of a story in World Magazine that reported that he visited North Carolina with his new fiancee, Denise Odie Johnson II, on September 28, and shared a hotel with the woman. He did not file for divorce from his wife of 20 years until October 4.
In a response provided to Fox News, D'Souza said that he and his wife had been separated for two years, and that he had not shared a hotel room with Johnson.
According to the Daily Beast, D'Souza had roiled many of King's College's faculty and board members, who resented his touring on behalf of the film, and did not think he had earned his $1 million salary.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR