'Dinner for Schmucks' casts female lead
Stephanie Szostak joins Steve Carell and Paul Rudd
Stephanie Szostak has been cast as the female lead in Paramount's "Dinner for Schmucks." The actress also recently signed with CAA.
Jay Roach is directing Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Zach Galifianakis and Lucy Punch in the comedy, based on a French film, about the most pathetic guy ever to be invited to another man's weekly dinner party. Szostak will play Julie, the girlfriend of Rudd's character.
The feature is scheduled to begin filming this fall for a July release. It's being co-financed by DreamWorks, Spyglass and Paramount.
Szostak, also repped by Principal Entertainment, appeared in "The Devil Wears Prada."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR