DioGuardi's dad: Kara 'disappointed'
VIDEO: Senate hopeful says daughter in the dark about 'Idol'
Inside this deathly dull interview from New York TV show "Capital Tonight" with Republican senate candidate Joe DioGuardi, some "American Idol" news. Joe confirms his daughter Kara is on the chopping block, as we've all heard, but also reveals she's being given the silent treatment by Fox and Co. and isn't very happy about it.
"Would you believe she did not hear -- and still has not heard -- anything?" the elder DioGuardi said. "She read it the way you did and I did. Her disappointment is that that's the way she's being treated and she feels that's not proper. I think they're trying to create a lot of buzz ... they're trying to reformat the thing. But Kara has a very deep career in music ... she'll be fine. Would she want to do it another year? I think so ... I think at some point [she] will confront them on that."
Here's the video (deathly dull for "Idol" fans until the 4:17 minute mark):
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws